I feel the incredible need to start this post off with a moment of honesty…. I am really bad at planning meals right now, this year I am determined to be more organized, but like it or not, most mornings consist of my hitting up Pinterest for inspiration, mentally altering the recipe to the ingredients I have, or prefer to use and then hoping that it’s a hit with my men! (Two littles and one big strong one!)
Today’s breakfast hit the jackpot! You can find the original recipe HERE, but it only mildly resembles my version… I replaced the oil with Peanut Butter and the white sugar with honey, because I prefer to keep our everyday foods sweetened naturally, and reserve the refined sugars for special occasions only.
Now for the recipe. Begin by combining dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl. (and there are my toes!)
Make a well in the middle of your dry ingredients, and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix well until combined.
Finally, either grease or line a muffin tin with paper liners and divide batter evenly between them. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserred in the center comes out clean. Let cool for about 10 minutes, and serve!
Banana, Honey, & Peanut Butter Muffins
1 1/2 Cups Flour
1 Cup Rolled Oats
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
2 Large Eggs
1/4 Cup Honey
1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
1/4 Cup Milk
3 Ripe Bananas, finely mashed (I used THIS)
1. Preheat oven to 400°
2. Grease or line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
3. Combine dry ingredients in a medium-large bowl and stir with a whisk or fork.
4. In a smaller bowl, beat eggs, then add remaining wet ingredients. Mix well.
5. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, pour wet ingredients into well. Mix until thoroughly combined; do not over mix.
6. Divide batter evenly between 12 cups, and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
I hope your family enjoys these as much as mine! If you try these, I would love to hear about it!
Until next time, Jenn ❤